Custom Switched Filter Banks
Spectrum Control's Switched Filter Bank designs draw from a multi-disciplined staff with many years of experience in both microwave filters and control components. By combining filter and switch design expertise, Spectrum Control can provide integrated switched filter assemblies that not only reduce the overall mechanical footprint, but also offer improved electrical performance. This improved performance is achieved by having the ability to align the filters to the switches, thus removing any of the associated mismatches between the two. The end product is an integrated assembly with:
- Improved VSWR
- Less passband variation
- Lower insertion loss
- Reduced component count
- Improved RF Shielding/Isolation
- Higher reliability
- All SFB designs are based on simulations using tools such as HFSS, Sonet, Microwave Office and Genesys and State-of-the-art 3D SolidWorks modeling.
- These sophisticated models are used to ensure the best electrical performance, while maintaining a compact, low weight product in the shortest possible lead-time.
- Spectrum Control has the ability to select the best technology to fit your requirement.
- By using Spectrum Control's expertise in filter and switch design, we carefully evaluate size, performance and cost requirements to select the technologies that best fit the application.
- Filter Technologies: Combline, Interdigital, Lumped, Microstrip, Suspended Substrate Stripline, Dielectric Resonator
- Switch Technologies: Pin Diode, GaAsFET, High Power, High Speed
- Broadband (DC-40) and Standard EW Bands
- Multi-Octave and Sub-Octave Designs Available
- Solid Temperature Stability
- Spectrum Control has extensive experience developing components and assemblies for both commercial and rugged military applications.
- With a broad range of in-house screening capabilities, Spectrum Control can reduce prototype and production cycle times.
- Laser Sealing, Vibration, Altitude
- Fine & Gross Leak, Mechanical Shock, Salt Atmosphere
- High-power, Thermal Shock, Humidity
A Variety of Design Choices to Suit Your Needs
- Standard Designs: By choosing a product from our database of existing designs, the time and cost to engineer a new product can be eliminated.
- Semi-Standard Designs: We commonly modify existing designs to minimize the development cost and cycle time. The frequency band breaks, number of channels or drive circuity of many switched filter banks can be readily optimized to suit other applications.
- Custom Designs: Spectrum Control excels in developing custom solutions to satisfy challenging requirements.
Integrated Microwave Assemblies
- Spectrum Control leverages its breadth of microwave design and manufacturing disciplines to develop high performance Integrated Microwave Assemblies.