Digitally Tuned Oscillators (DTOS)
Spectrum Control offers a complete line of Digitally Tuned Oscillators (DTOs). These custom designed DTOs consist of a select number of sub-band VCOs covering customer specific frequency ranges between 2 GHz and 18 GHz.
- APITech offers a complete line of Digitally Tuned Oscillators (DTOs). These custom designed DTOs consist of a select number of sub-band VCOs covering customer specific frequency ranges between 2 GHz and 18 GHz.
- The sub-band RF outputs are selectively switched to a common RF output port. Sufficient sub-band overlap insures full band coverage for these DTOs.
- Digital tuning is via a 16 bit, parallel input word. Several bits are used for selecting the desired sub-band and 12 to 14 bits are used for frequency tuning.
- Silicon semiconductors are used to provide the best possible phase noise and post tuning drift performance.
- APITech offers standard features including: fast settling time (< 1 msec), wide frequency range (2-18 GHz), low post tuning drift (<4 MHz @ 1 msec), low spurious output (< -60 dBc), harmonics (-25 dBc max), as well as excellent phase noise performance (<-65 dBc/Hz @ 100 kHz).
- Additional features include: low residual FM (<-20 dBc @ 100 kHz), RF output power (+10 to +16 dBm), high reliability for military applications, and fully-customizable output connectors.
- APITech also supports the following optional DTO features: power output status indicator, phase locked module with phase lock indicator, internal heater for frequency stability over temperature, analog FM input.
Hybrid MIC Technology
- Hybrid MIC technology reduces overall package size and helps ensure overall system reliability. Fast settling time and excellent spectral purity make APITech DTOs ideal for simulators and other EW applications.